Inner Healing Notes
I had read about this topic for years and never really “got it” until a friend with much experience prayed with me and I began to see terrific external, circumstantial changes from it.
For instance, we prayed about a "wound" in me regarding music and right after that I received several distinct blessings, such as an electric guitar I could not get to work properly for years, suddenly operating perfectly. In various areas of audio, this happened eight times in three weeks. It was a flood of flavor.
Inner Healing Audio Lecture
by Constanzia Hooker
Every area where a person cooperates with the ugly lie that God does not love them, will be an area of unnecessary suffering that needs healing.
However, frequently this is unconscious to a person, who is unaware of how they disconnected with God.
Any area where you experience a pattern of pain, worry, fear should be brought back to God for healing.
Often it will feel too hard to deal with. We then keep taking sedatives rather than removing the bullet. Unfortunately, this is the normal. The bullet is the wound; the inflammation is like emotional pain.
To address the root issue, we must courageously go into the areas that have the deepest hurt. It is the quickest route to health. The focus is not the pain, but simply it's a clue to the bullet location.
If an area in life has a pattern of consistent failure (as if it’s under a curse), especially where God has promised you blessing, then this is definitely a candidate area for healing prayer. (Note: It may feel like you can’t get ahead no matter how much effort is expended. In other words, it doesn’t matter how much money you are making, if seems like "something" is stealing from your bank account. You’ve got to stop the leak first.)
Where is this in the Bible?
Blessings and curses are all over. Jesus says he comes to remove the curses. He comes to heal the sick both inside and outside.
For example, it's in the core of the Lord's prayer. Jesus says "1. forgive us (repent) as 2. we forgive; and 3. deliverance will happen. So in short, repent, forgive, receive. Release love debts from yourself, others, and God.
That's the basic. Now let's explore the process of getting "shot."
Wounds -- the experiences of bullets going in.
Vows -- a bad promise we make to God to take out the bullet wo His help.
Systems -- a set of lies we may believe keeping us from God's help.
and Soul Ties -- harmful emotional connections w/others that restrict God's help.
- Here's where it all starts. After a wouding experience, we are vulnerable to a lie. E.g., "God won't protect me" or "God doesn't care about me"; etc.
- Believing a lie bonds our emotion to it, called an "emotional lie". For example, whenever you think of your finances you hate God for making you poor.
- The will, based on the lie in the intellect, then acts to "self-protect", deciding to keep God out. In the laws of the spiritual realm, this allows an evil spirit free access that your self-protected area, because we have told God (consiously or perhaps unconsciously) to stay away. "You're not trustable!"
- So even if a person already has God in their spirit life, they might not in that area of the soul. The soul is natural and earth-conscious; wheras the spirit is supernatural and Heaven-conscious.
- A demon is like a vulture that feeds on the open sore. We can shoo it away but Jesus says, it will return again if God doesn't heal the area. (Matt 12:43). Jesus offers us comprehensive insurance. ;)
- A “vow” is how we reinforced the lie. It's actually a commitment to a lie—not merely a cooperation with the lie, but a promise to it. This is like promising to avoid hospitals. It's usually fear-inspired.
- This can be an unconscious promise. We might say “I’ll be in total control next time so this won't happen again.” We can't cover all our needs independent of God, anymore than little kids can replace the Father.
- A “system” is a set of related lies, like being shot several times from the same gun. These bullet patterns can help us trace back to discover the gun.
- Sometimes we even make a vow to a system. like a promise we make to keep the Doctor Jesus away from all the bullets in your leg, not just one bullet.
- More bullets can me a group of related vultures try to get in.
Fortunately, Jesus knows how to deal with legions.
Another element: Soul Ties
- This can help us find problem areas. A soul tied is bond with another person (e.g., spoken, chosen, emotional, intellectual) that "ties" you to another, making it harder to get healed. It is where two people have too much of an influence on each other.
- It's usually from a common wound; like having two persons bullet gashes touch each other -- then infections might be exchanged.
- In a codependent situation, two people have “opposite wounds.” For example, one person feels they must be controlled; the other feels the must control others.
Seeing the Whole Picture
So let's wrap up so far.
The bullet wound represents an emotional problem; the lie represents an intellectual problem—and then the will responding to the emotional wound and/or the intellectual lie, will make a choice for spiritual health or spiritual sickness. This is the key. God doesn't condemn you for having the problem, but will honor your freedom to let Him heal you or not.
Now that we have a foundational understanding, here’s the process for release.
Healing the Individual
- Obviously, the key to healing is using your will to allow God into the issue.
- Let God tend the bullet (or bullets), which is simply allowing Him into your emotions and intellect; often the emotions first, since that's the deep hurt. The Spirit will bring truth to the intellect to help the healing.
- To do this, there must be significant permission to give God control.
- It normally helps to say this out loud, with others, haivng emotional investment, and with intellectual honesty. That is, it must be a real, meaningful act to let God in. Repeat as necessary. Go by the Spirit.
- It's not primarily about your efforts, but inviting God to change the will, emotions, mind. It's essentially genuine permission to let God take over.
There deal witwh you, others, God:
1. Repent; 2. Forgive; 3. Release
- First, repent of any cooperation with the lie, conscious or otherwise. And tell God you're deeply sorry.
- Second, forgive anyone involved with the issue who may have (consciously or unconsciously) uncouraged the wound. This forgiveness is central: Refuse to hold a grudge. It's like writing off a debt toward everyone involved, including yourself.
- Third, release God to bless you. Give God the permission to favor you. Allow Him to change your will, intellect, emotions. This is the most important step of the three. "Release God", already present in your heart.
That is, willfully break agreement with the lie that God has any of these negative qualities that your emotions got bonded to. Say "Jesus I believe you took the X [the junk] so that I wouldn't have to. What do you give me in return?"
Christ gives you this based on his life-giving perfect love from the cross. Respond to God as you sense the Spirit is leading. Give what you can; He'll do the rest.
That's it! These simple tools are powerful, to help let your spirit "free" to allow God to bless you.
Tips During Experience
- It’s very helpful to have at least one person involved who has uncorked their prophetic gift. A persons' conscience will confirm/deny once presented.
- An important part may be the catharsis of emotion by expereincing His feelings for you. This might trigger miraculous. His heart moves His hand.
- The prayer should normally be experiential, but doesn't have to be. And though it is common, you may or may not sense an immediate release. Once the bullet is out; the body takes time to heal, which will often come quicker than expected.
- The focus is God's unique love for you. Release and rest. Patience and chill -- you're now in recovery mode. Trust that God's healing favor will flow.
- God’s Spirit is love. Start with that. And then God’s help will result in genuine changes.
Here’s an example:
Inner Healing Resources
More audio, books, professional prayer teams
I was expressing to a friend heavy frustration at the pathetic preaching of a local church when she said we should bring God into it for healing. In self-righteousness, it didn’t initially occur to me as a candidate for healing prayer, but made sense after she brought it up.
So I invited God into the issue, clearly and directly, in front of the other person. I asked God’s forgiveness for the bitterness, and I forgave the church; a released the lie that God wanted bad preaching.
The next day when I drove by the church I was shocked to notice that the automatic, involuntary revulsion that normally happened to me upon passing it, did not happen at all. I felt a surprising peace about it. The preaching hadn’t changed there(!) but I was healed of its negative impact on me.
Late note: All the topics above affect not just individual people, but also to a family.
[See Spirit Daily Article]
- Remember that God deals with groups as well as individuals. (God is both an individual and a group.) Your existence is via your family, physically and spiritually.
- So someone must invite God into the family, acting as a proxy intercessor. It's best for a family authority to do this, but if not anyone can. Generally, the more family members that can participate, the better; but they don't have to.
- When God’s freedom is released for one, the whole family might begin to experience release. It's like one prisoner inviting Christ into the prison to unlock a gate and then any other prisoners in your cell can use the gate if they want to leave!.
- God is familial; a community of one. This is why the prayers for the family have such a powerful, synergistic effect.
You are not a prisonerdo not act as if you still are. Christ has set the captives free and you are free indeed. Do not let the devil deceive you into believing you are bound. I have given you the keys to be loosed from all your chains forged in this life.
Even in the times you appear imprisoned, I say "you are free." Like Paul and Silas, though in jail, their freedom was there all the time. And as soon as they acted on the grace apportioned them for that situation, down came the walls, and the enemy scattered. Are you any less than they as God's children?
I long to keep you free so you can take the keys of freedom to them that are still truly bound. My people are free, they are joyful, able to enjoy life as I have created it to be lived. Walk in your freedomstand tall. If there's one thing I need for My flock, it is they be freefree to love, serve, and obey. For it is in this freedom that I can know you and see you and you can experience My life for you.